HOW TO JOIN US
You will firstly need to register on the Dendrite Website. You will need to register a personal account, and then set up a community for your school. Once your school community is setup up we can link your school to the Race Hub community. The guide below takes you through how to setup up a community step by step. Please contact us if you have any questions: Wendy Ingram or Simon Young
or register your details below:
OPENS – 12th SEPTEMBER 2016
REGISTRATION BY: 31st OCTOBER 2016
UPLOAD YOUR ENTRY TO YOUR HUB LEADER BOARD BY: – 17TH MARCH 2017
REGIONAL FINALS BY: 7TH APRIL 2017
NATIONAL FINALS FOR TOP TEAMS FROM EACH REGION – 4th MAY 2017
Finals venue for England and Wales – SANTAPOD RACE TRACK Northamptonshire
All finalists will have their school names added to the tail fin of BLOODHOUND SSC.
Top Three teams will win
- 1st prize – £1000.00 for the school and team VIP trp to South Africa for the team to see BLOODHOUND SSC* run
- 2nd Prize – £500.00 for the school
- 3rd Prize – £250.00 for the school
The competition rules
- Students entering the competition must be sponsored by their school and the lead teacher must have registered with the Local Race HUB through their Dendrite.me community. This is located via the HUB MAP.
- The sponsoring school must have created a School Community for their school on www.dendrite.me our platform host, as this provides the school with the authentication code to upload race data to the national leader board and the ability for schools to run internal competitions within school teams and across HUB networks. A fantastic free STEM resource shared with thousands of teachers, students & parents. Access to a real engineering project to engage & inspire from ‘3 to 93’.**
- Click this link for How to guide http://bit.ly/2by3nxW
- Entry cars must use only the materials in the Micro:bit model rocket car Kit supplied by BLOODHOUND Education and available free from HUBs and can be purchased in our shop.
- Entry Cars must run with a Micro:bit accelerometer on board
- Data gathered by the internal micro:bit and micro:bit timing gates must be entered into the leader board system no later than March 17th 2017
- Video evidence of the run must be loaded into the school community and linked to the timing entry
- The goal is simple – the fastest car through the timing gate, set so cars enter it at the 15 metre mark, with a functioning micro:bit on board able to gather acceleration data and upload it into the leader board wins! Scroll down to learn more.
*The winning team will be invited to Hakskeen Pan in South Africa for an unforgettable trip watching BLOODHOUND SSC on its desert track for its record breaking race programme.
Choose from the menu below to access resources to help you get involved. See full terms and conditions of entry below.
**Quote from Wing Commander Andy Green, The currant land speed record holder & the driver of BLOODHOUND SSC.