Congratulations on deciding that teaching is for you. It is an exciting and rewarding career where no two days are the same. You can choose to train to teach in a number of ways. In this section we can show you how we can help you succeed as a teacher.
Sir Christopher Hatton Academy has a proven track record in providing outstanding teacher training.
We have forged partnerships with professionals across the East Midlands, ranging from primary through to higher education providers. This has been further developed by the establishment of the Hatton Teaching School Alliance.
This partnership and expertise across the educational spectrum, allows us to develop and deliver a range of programmes for teachers, whether they are just starting out in their career or looking to develop their practice further. Our teaching staff comprises of experienced professionals in their field who are passionate about delivering the best CPD we can.
What qualifications will I need to apply?
- Degree in a relevant subject – check on UCAS for precise requirements for your course
- For a Primary PGCE you must have GCSEs in English, Maths and Science at a Grade C / Grade 4 or above
- For a Secondary PGCE you must have GCSEs in English and Maths at a Grade C / Grade 4 or above
- For International Qualifications you will need to check the equivalent level of your qualifications via www.naric.org.uk which is the UK national agency for the comparison of international qualifications on behalf of the UK Government
How do I fund my training?
- We offer a non-salaried training route and bursaries/scholarships are available for some subjects. This changes every year and for up to date information search for the Get Into Teaching Bursaries and Scholarships page.
- Student Loans may be available